Here is everything you need to know before switching from the existing curtains in your home to the modern ultraviolet protecting blackout curtains.
Why do most of us want curtains in the first place? The primary purposes of curtains are to block out sun light and heat radiation, and to maintain privacy while staying at home. Too much sun light coming through the windows can make your home furniture hot and can make you feel uncomfortable when using them for activities like working on a computer or watching the television. Not only does the sunlight make your chairs and tables hot, they also create glares in the computer and TV screens. It is therefore not a
surprise that many people living in Bangkok choose to furnish their windows with high quality curtains as they want the best protection from the sun rays and increased comfort living inside their homes. The sun light not only produces excessive heat and light, it also produces ultraviolet radiation which can be a detriment to the furniture and interior of your home as the sun rays pass through the windows during the hot afternoons.
Blackout curtains have improved throughout the years, from the plastic-texture polyester to a softer, more pliable texture that is comfortable to touch and is also less static-prone. With the modern technology enhancing curtain fabrics’ features, complete UV protection with the new textures has now become the norm in Bangkok. Many homeowners are changing their curtains and switching to use UV and light blocking curtains, also known as blackout curtains, as these types work better in hotter climates than the traditional, non UV-blocking ones. They last longer and they are more energy saving as they block out the heat more effectively thereby reducing your air conditioning needs. Some people in Bangkok are still attached to their current curtains but this is not a problem as well because you can turn them into blackout curtains by adding a UV protecting lining at the back. The blackout linings are normally used when homeowners decide to keep the existing curtains however for those who would like to change theirs, the option to buy standard curtains added with blackout lining would be more costly as the stitching costs of blackout linings are double that of the in-built blackout curtains. In both cases however, the benefits are the same as they preserve the condition of your interior furnishings and reduce the energy costs of cooling your home. The in-built UV blocking curtains are the more cost-effective solution of reducing solar heat and radiation as the tailoring cost is lower and it is no wonder that they are extremely popular among the people living here.
There are other benefits of switching to blackout curtains than reducing sun glares, heat, and radiation into your homes. The blackout curtains are more multi-layered than their traditional counterparts and they keep out the noise better. Noise disturbance reduces the comfort of living in your homes as you would get less brain rest during rest hours, and less concentration during work hours or even watching the TV can be less fun with excessive noise in the background. It is well-documented among the science community that noise pollution can lead to many health problems such as fatigue, anxiety, and restlessness etc. Some of the blackout curtains are also easy to take care of as they do not hold on to dust so you wouldn’t have to constantly vacuum them. At ATM Decor, we have several designs of blackout curtain fabrics that control airborne dust and these ones are better for your health as they wouldn’t release a lot of dust when you are cleaning your home. Another factor that encourages people living in Bangkok to switch to blackout curtains is that they simply look great. Many of the blackout curtains have gorgeous designs and they can give any home an added element of elegance and glamour. The curtain fabric is of higher quality and its texture boosts the sharpness of colors and designs, creating more appeal than the traditional curtains. They are not only used for homes and offices, they are always used at the work places like media rooms and photography studios as they serve the purpose of complete light and shadow control. Blackout curtains come in all shapes and kinds, from the extremely professional, no-design look to the flowery, design filled kinds. They can also be used for all kinds of curtain styles from the classic triple pleated style, grommet tops to the modern eyelet models. The blackout fabric is remarkably versatile as technology in this fabric industry has come a long way.
At ATM Decor, we offer a great variety of energy-saving blackout curtains from the professional no-design features to the colorful, pattern filled look. We also offer a numerous styles that would be suitable for installation in your homes. We offer a complete solution to all your blackout curtain requirements, should you wish to keep your existing curtains you also get the option to get the blackout linings tailored into them. Please call us at 02 223 4828 for any questions about our blackout curtains and how we can be at your service.
Here at ATM Decor we provide you with a complete solution for all your window dressing needs. We specialize in curtain fabric materials and hope to deliver the best curtains possible for your residence. We aim to make each and every home in Bangkok a pleasant and beautiful place to live in, and we believe that aesthetically pleasing curtains can reinvigorate and refresh the appearance of any place, adding both charm and elegance to your home. Our curtain tailors are highly skilled with many years of professional experience and can custom make several types of curtains and designs to fit your home in the best way. We wholesale our curtain fabrics as well so you can be sure that our prices are always low. Our storefront is in Phahurat right next to the main road, please visit us to view the wonderful selections we have on offer. You can also reach us at 022234828 for any information. Here at ATM Decor, we aspire to become the top curtain supplier worldwide.
Why choose ATM Decor for your curtains?
At ATM Decor, we focus on complete customer satisfaction with our products and services. We always choose high quality curtain equipment and materials for our curtains and we decorate your homes like they were our own.
We offer many types of curtain fabrics including satin jacquard, cotton, blackout curtains, and sheers.
Here are some of the advantages of using ATM Decor fabrics:
- Texture weaving making the designs absolutely smooth, elegant, and stylish
- The weaving quality is of high standard and this makes our curtain designs look sharp, colorful, and attractive
- Our curtain fabrics are made of polyester which have the advantage of a very smooth, even surface, strong durability, and heat resilience
- The fabric’s resilience to heat allows them not to contract, crease, or have its color diminished by the Bangkok sun radiation.
- Our cotton vintage designs are full of colorful flowers and visually attractive backgrounds making them a perfect option for nature lovers and making your home look fresh, healthy, and youthful
- Our UV blocking curtains are used for homes that are mostly heated throughout the year by the sun rays. These curtains have a special UV-protection lining in between the fabrics making them invisible and also makes the curtain look beautiful from both inside and outside the house.
- We use innovative technology that gives our curtains a double face beauty, or basically meaning that you can choose which side of the fabric you wish to use for your curtains because they can be used on both sides. Anyone looking into your home from outside your window can also see and appreciate the beauty of your curtains
- Our UV curtains help you to save on electricity as it helps to keep the warm ultraviolet radiation from entering your home and helping the rooms in your house to remain cool throughout the day. The curtain fabrics are thick, heavy, but at the same time flexible making them perfect for curtain use.
- The curtain material is especially resistant to ultraviolet light deterioration. We offer a variety of UV curtain fabrics from the shiny, glossy variety to the heavy, thick fabrics.
- The variety of curtain textures are also different as some types have low dust retention, plain color on one side, glossy with miniature designs on the other, while other types have a double face beauty feature which means they look beautiful in both sides. For those wanting simple, easily managed curtains the low dust retention kind are suitable while those who want their homes to look beautiful from both inside and outside may choose the double face beauty variety.
- We also have many types of sheers on offer from the plain off-white colored sheers to the fancy types with many features such as intricate laces and colorful designs
- We have some of the most skilled tailors in the curtain industry and we make sure that the designs of your curtain fabric enhance the overall look of your home when adorning your windows
- We always focus on the details that make our curtains stand out so that they add elegance and prestige to the appearance of your home
- Our installation service is clean, fast and our staff are courteous. We always want you to have the best curtains that would give you complete satisfaction.
Please be welcome to contact us at 02 223 4828 and we hope to be at your full service for all your curtain needs.