Modern trends are moving towards do-it-yourself models of living. Do-it-yourself bags, furniture, clothes, and even curtains have become the norm. Instead of buying the curtains ready made or having them stitched by professional tailors, many people choose to buy curtain fabrics and make the curtains themselves. There are many good reasons for why do-it-yourself options are great especially in the case of curtains. Curtain fabric shops have a great variety of fabrics to choose from, and the only common thing is all of them could be used to make curtains, because in reality they come in all kinds of materials and textures.
Curtain fabrics come in all kinds and forms; they vary in features, weight, transparency, textures, and designs. The only thing they seem to share in common is that one could stitch curtains out of them and hang them over a window. The most convincing argument to go for do-it-yourself curtains is that you would get so many choices to make when selecting the fabric. Of course, the fact that you would choose to make do-it-yourself curtains in the first place is that you get the option to personalize the style that you wish your curtains to have. You can even choose multiple textures and designs for the same curtains and get really creative.
When picking out the fabrics at the curtain store, you have to consider several factors in deciding which ones fit most to your concept.The color and designs are only the beginning, you would have to touch the fabrics and get a feel of the texture. You also have to decide how hard or soft you want your curtains to feel, whether you want the fabrics to be heavy or light, rough or smooth etc. All of these factors affect how they drape over the windows in your home.
In general, the curtain fabrics that make the best finished products are the ones with the most balanced thread count, not too few that the curtains are not blocking out light effectively, and not too many that they lose their breath-ability function. The thread count in fabrics determine how durable they are as well as how heavy they are. Heavier curtains tend to drape better than the lighter ones composed of fabrics with lower thread count.
Great curtain fabrics are the satin jacquard, linens, cotton, velvet etc. The satin jacquard variety is made from polyester which does not tend to hold on to dust, making them a good option for those would like the house cleaning to be easy. The velvet and cotton varieties tend to hold on to more dust, however they are also great options as well despite being more difficult to clean. The velvet fabric has a soft feel, and they exude an elegant appearance that symbolizes royalty. If you are hoping to give your home a more regal look, you could always go for velvet curtain fabrics. In Thailand, the silk curtain fabrics are popular as they are smooth and they also shine better than several other types curtain fabrics.
The curtain fabrics also have different functional features, some has a shiny texture and protects against ultraviolet radiation, while others may also share the UV protection layer but possesses a rugged texture. Even UV blocking curtains come in a variety of fabrics. Some curtain fabrics are shiny on one side while has a solid, non-shiny texture on the other, some fabrics are shiny on both sides, while others are not shiny on either side. Some fabrics have a smooth surface on one side and a rough exterior on the other etc. The thickness and weight of fabrics as well as its color determines how well they block out light. The UV protecting curtains are not necessarily completely light blocking as well, although they are still called “blackout curtains” in Thailand. Some curtain fabric shops refer to UV protecting curtain fabrics as “dim-outs” instead to make a distinct differentiation between the light blocking fabrics and the UV blocking ones.
The darker color tones also help the fabrics to block out light better than the lighter color tones, even for the same type of curtain fabric. It is a good choice to go for the lighter colors when you want your homes to appear more spacious and voluminous, while it is better to choose the darker colors if you prefer to block out more sunlight.
The styles of curtains that you can make with “do-it-yourself” tailoring is numerous and infinite depending on your creativity. You could make some really exquisite curtain styles with laces, rings, and linings, and you also get to design the curtain headings and sheers. You could cut up different curtain fabrics and sew them together and create your own designs. The sky is the limit.
Do-it-yourself curtains are always a fun option for those who would like to get creative when getting curtains for their homes. There are a lot of fabric options to choose from and you also get to customize the curtains to whatever style you wish. At ATM Decor, we offer almost a hundred thousand meters of curtain fabrics with different textures, colors, and designs. All of them are available to buy at the meter at competitive prices. We are located right next to Phahurat road. Please contact us about our curtain fabrics at 02 223 4828.
We wholesale and retail a variety of curtain fabrics and offer tailoring and installation services as well.
Why customers choose ATM Decor curtains:
At ATM Decor, we focus on customer satisfaction with our products and services. We always choose high quality curtain equipment and materials for our curtains and we decorate your homes like they were our own.
We offer many types of curtain fabrics including satin jacquard, cotton, blackout curtains, and sheers.
Here are some of the advantages of using ATM Decor fabrics:
- Texture weaving making the designs absolutely smooth, elegant, and stylish
- The weaving quality is of high standard and this makes our curtain designs look sharp, colorful, and attractive
- Our curtain fabrics are made of polyester which have the advantage of a very smooth, even surface, strong durability, and heat resilience
- The fabric’s resilience to heat allows them not to contract, crease, or have its color diminished by the Bangkok sun radiation.
- Our cotton vintage designs are full of colorful flowers and visually attractive backgrounds making them a perfect option for nature lovers and making your home look fresh, healthy, and youthful
- Our UV blocking curtains are used for homes that are mostly heated throughout the year by the sun rays. These curtains have a special UV-protection lining in between the fabrics making them invisible and also makes the curtain look beautiful from both inside and outside the house.
- We use innovative technology that gives our curtains a double face beauty, or basically meaning that you can choose which side of the fabric you wish to use for your curtains because they can be used on both sides. Anyone looking into your home from outside your window can also see and appreciate the beauty of your curtains
- Our UV curtains help you to save on electricity as it helps to keep the warm ultraviolet radiation from entering your home and helping the rooms in your house to remain cool throughout the day. The curtain fabrics are thick, heavy, but at the same time flexible making them perfect for curtain use.
- The curtain material is especially resistant to ultraviolet light deterioration. We offer a variety of UV curtain fabrics from the shiny, glossy variety to the heavy, thick fabrics.
- The variety of curtain textures are also different as some types have low dust retention, plain color on one side, glossy with miniature designs on the other, while other types have a double face beauty feature which means they look beautiful in both sides. For those wanting simple, easily managed curtains the low dust retention kind are suitable while those who want their homes to look beautiful from both inside and outside may choose the double face beauty variety.
- We also have many types of sheers on offer from the plain off-white colored sheers to the fancy types with many features such as intricate laces and colorful designs
- We have some of the most skilled tailors in the curtain industry and we make sure that the designs of your curtain fabric enhance the overall look of your home when adorning your windows
- We always focus on the details that make our curtains stand out so that they add elegance and prestige to the appearance of your home
- Our installation service is clean, fast and our staff are courteous. We always want you to have the best curtains that would give you complete satisfaction.
Please be welcome to contact us at 02 223 4828 and we hope to be at your full service for all your curtain needs.